Role: Security Engineer - with experience is multiple security technologies real implementation experience within
SCADA/OT Environment - 7/8 Years’ Genuine Experience - 7/8 Years’
A minimum of 7 years hands on experience in an industry and SCADA/OT environment as security product
implementation and administration.
• Solid Knowledge of the SCADA, IOT and ICS security domains
• Capable of Evaluating the cyber risks to SCADA, DCS, Smart Grids, DMS, and ECS systems architectures for
• Fundamental understanding of IT and OT network communication protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, DNP3,
Modbus, IEC 61850, OPC, OPC UA, PROFINET, etc.).
• Solid knowledge of Industrial networking protocols security such as DNP3, Modbus, Profinet, ZigBee, IEC 104
• Solid understanding of applicable best practices and security standards such as NERC-CIP, ISA99 (IEC 62443),
NIST 800-82, Qatar’s National ICS security standard etc.
• Solid understanding of implementation and installation of Switch/Router ACL’s, Firewall Policies & Proxies,
Network Access Control (NAC) Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Security Information &
Event Management (SIEM) Systems, Network Monitoring Systems, Content Management Systems (Web &
Email), AntiVirus/AntiMalware/Advanced Threat Defense Systems or Software, Data Leakage Prevention
• Candidate major role is of subject matter expert for installation of security products in SCADA/IOT
environment with solid understanding of SCADA/IOT network.
• Application security based on OWASP Top 10 standards.
• Familiarity with UNIX and Windows operating systems and administrative tools.
• Solid understanding of installation of perimeter security devices such as Firewall, WAF etc.
• Understanding of overall data center topology and troubleshooting application issues
• Expertise in implementing/integrating LAN & WAN technologies, with Layer 2 & Layer 3 networks with
vendor products - CISCO, BigIP, Fortinet, and Palo-alto devices
• Domain knowledge of concepts related to Switching, Routing, Load balancers and Firewall
• IEEE 802.2, 802.3 and 802.11 Networks
• Should have good knowledge for installation of firewalls like Cisco ASA, FTD, Fortinet and Palo-alto in
• Switching and Routing (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP)
• Strong Knowledge on Cisco, Bluecoat, Fireeye, Tipping Point, F5, Fortinet.
• Installation and implementation of Wireless Adaptive broadband networks.
• Understand and familiar with processes like change management, revision control, and automation.
• Solid understanding in Symmetric key cryptography, Asymmetric key cryptography, Hashing algorithms
• In-depth understanding of current cybersecurity threats, attacks and countermeasures for adversarial
activities such as network probing and scanning, distributed denial of service (DDoS), phishing, ransomware,
botnets, command and control (C2) activity, etc. with Respect to SCADA/OT.
• Installation and implementation of following products in SCADA/IOT environment intrusion
detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), network- and host-based firewalls, data leak protection (DLP), IAM,
database activity monitoring (DAM), web and email content filtering, vulnerability scanning tools, endpoint
? Minimum Bachelor of Computer Engineer or IT engineering or relevant degree
? Minimum 7 years of experience in SCADA/IOT security field for implementation of security products such as
firewalls, perimeter security devices and
? Certification: GICSP, CCNA, CCNP Security, Firewall Administration courses, CISSP, SANS SCADA SECURITY
COURSES and Certifications